External Human Subjects Resources

Many school districts have additional requirements for conducting research in their schools. Researchers must provide applications and obtain permission prior to conducting research in schools. This site provides basic links to information about research in local schools. Each school district should be contacted for additional assistance. You do not need to submit school approval to the George Mason University IRB, however, the school district may require IRB approval before they will review your study. If there is a school district that is not included below and you intend to conduct research in schools within that district, please contact the district directly for specific submission requirements.