Mason’s Electronic Protocol Management System
The Institutional Review Board (IRB) and the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) utilize the IRBNet suite of tools, accessible via the internet, for electronic protocol management, on-line submissions and many other important research oversight features for the George Mason University research community. Some of IRBNet’s many features include electronic document management, web-based protocol sharing and collaboration, automatic notifications, electronic submissions and reviews, integrated training and credential management, and important audit capabilities including electronic revision histories, electronic signatures and event tracking.
- IRBNet can be accessed virtually using your computer’s web browser and the link below:
- Upon accessing the site, click “New User Registration” in the top right corner.
- You will be prompted to select a user name and password, and enter your contact information.
- You should select “George Mason University, Fairfax, VA” as your local institution.
- All IRB and IACUC submissions must be done through IRBnet.
- All IRB and IACUC forms may be downloaded through IRBnet.
Note: signatures are not required on these forms and have been replaced by digital signatures (which you will do through IRBnet upon submission).
- To register with IRBNet, please review the training guide below. This and other resources may be accessed on IRBNet’s Training Page.
Registering with IRBNet
- Once registered, training can be accessed via the below link where you will be prompted for a username and password:
- To affiliate training credentials with your profile, login to IRBNet and click on “User Profile” at the top of the page. Scroll down to training and credentials then “Add a New Training or Credentials Record.”
For any other information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be glad to assist you with any questions.