Mason’s Electronic Protocol Management System
The Institutional Review Board (IRB) and the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) utilize the IRBNet suite of tools, accessible via the internet, for electronic protocol management, on-line submissions and many other important research oversight features for the George Mason University research community. Some of IRBNet’s many features include electronic document management, web-based protocol sharing and collaboration, automatic notifications, electronic submissions and reviews, integrated training and credential management, and important audit capabilities including electronic revision histories, electronic signatures and event tracking.
Getting Started with IRBNet
You may access IRBNet from virtually any computer using a web browser by visiting www.irbnet.org.
- Upon accessing the site simply click on “New User Registration” in the top right corner.
- You will be prompted to select a user name and password and enter your contact information.
- You should select “George Mason University, Fairfax, VA” as your local institution.
- All IRB and IACUC submissions must be done through IRBnet.
- All IRB and IACUC forms may be downloaded through IRBnet. Note that signatures are not required on the forms and have been replaced by digital signatures (which you will do through IRBnet upon submission).
For a detailed guide on how to register with IRBNet, please review the training document “Registering with IRBNet.” This and other resources may be accessed on IRBNet’s Training Page.
To access, go to: http://irbnetresources.org/tresources/training.html. You will prompted for a username and password. Enter the following:
- Username: gmu
- Password: training1
Adding Training Credentials to Your Profile
To affiliate training with your profile simply login to IRBNet and click on “User Profile” at the top of the page. Scroll down to training and credentials then “Add a New Training or Credentials Record”
Additional IRB ResourcesIRB Membership IRB Meeting Schedule
For any other information please contact us at email@example.com and we will be glad to assist you with any questions.